Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday wishes

I hope you won't mind a shorter post this week, as I'm still catching up on rest after many blessings this Christmas: presents to wrap and open, many good things to eat, and a house filled to the brim with loved ones. Most especially -- I found the blessing of forgiveness at our Christmas Eve service in offering a communion cup to someone who had deeply hurt me. The moment was the best gift for me this Christmas.

I wish these same things for you in the coming year -- blessings that fill your home and heart to the brim, forgiveness for those who need it, and, most of all, the comfort of loved ones near you. Thank you for reading through the year. You -- my blog readers -- are a treasure to me.

A gift from a dear friend, a favorite "treasure" on this year's tree

3 comments:

  1. Love the ornament. :-) and I, too, hope I find the gift of forgiveness in the next year. Sometimes letting go of hurt is the hardest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I watched The Return of the King last night, and I was struck by Frodo's inability to let go of the ring in the end. Ironically, his enemy came to his aid. There's something deep here. Perhaps forgiveness is the key to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy -- letting go can be so hard to do it, and it sometimes needs to be done over and over again.

    Tracey -- ROTK is one of my favorite movies. An interesting idea that forgiveness was at the heart of Frodo's peace at the end of the movie. I know he felt more compassion for Gollum than any of the other characters did, probably because he had walked in his shoes by carrying the ring.

    ReplyDelete